“Expert witness training equips experts with the ability to set out the right evidence, using the right techniques, to produce the right results”
Hugh Selby, Barrister
Unisearch is the most established and recognised provider of expert witness training in Australia.
For over 20 years Unisearch has delivered intensive training sessions to both new and experienced experts. The highly regarded sessions are designed to equip experts with the unique skills of testifying as an expert witness, and enhance the quality of the expert’s report writing as well as build their knowledge and confidence to perform in court scenarios.
ONE-DAY INTENSIVE TRAINING PROGRAM
Core components of the one-day intensive expert witness training program are:
- The expert's role in the court proceedings
- The rules of evidence as they apply to the expert's opinion
- Explaining the rules that govern your expressing opinions in a written report or by spoken evidence in the witness box
- Exploring ways in which the well-prepared expert can succeed in the witness box
- Report writing and communication skills
- Suggestions on how to prepare a report that persuades
- Court procedures to narrow the points of disagreement between opposing expert opinions
- Understanding the aims and methods of examination and cross-examination
- Explaining how and why the advocates ask questions at the hearing
Trainer | Hugh Selby
Hugh Selby, barrister and former law school teacher, has been training advocates and witnesses for 28 years, and teaches in Australia, Asia and the USA. His authored and edited publications cover expert evidence, advocacy and appellate practice.
August 24, 2018
If you are unable to attend please be sure to let us know so we can pre-register you in the next session.
$750 (including GST)
Level 4, South Wing, Rupert Myers Building, UNSW Sydney, New South Wales